Today we’d like to introduce you to Precious Gibson.
Hi Precious, we’re thrilled to have a chance to learn your story today. So, before we get into specifics, maybe you can briefly walk us through how you got to where you are today?
After writing for entertainment blogs such as Hip-Hop Weekly & Baller Alert, I decided to launch my own podcast, The Cake Dish Podcast in October 2019. I cover music and celebrity news, as well as world news and an array of topics aimed at Black women from the perspective of a close girlfriend. We are nearing our 100th episode. I have completed my first novel that will be released later this year. The first book will be an introduction to my trilogy. As a self-published author, it is my hope that readers will stick with the books and look forward to each release.
Can you talk to us a bit about the challenges and lessons you’ve learned along the way. Looking back would you say it’s been easy or smooth in retrospect?
It has not been a smooth ride. The biggest challenge has been retaining listeners and getting our audience interested in the show.
Thanks for sharing that. So, maybe next you can tell us a bit more about your work?
1. I am a freelance writer, aspiring novelist and podcaster, The Cake Dish Podcast 2. I recently completed my first novel and will publish it later this year 3. I am most proud of launching my podcast with no support and having made it to almost 100 episodes 4. What sets me apart is my easy going and “girlfriend style” delivery.
Are there any apps, books, podcasts, blogs or other resources you think our readers should check out?
I am motivated by Sistah Soulja, writer of The Coldest Winter Ever, which motivated me to become a writer. The Joe Budden Podcast inspired me to launch my own podcast.
- Instagram: Instagram.com/thecakedishofficial
- Twitter: Twitter.com/thecakedish
- Youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCBBhfCqfSidv5cUq3B5kSGQ
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/9AaQbGEyGuGKKwyz9